What is Cold Formed Steel Framing?
What Should I Know about Steel Studs and Joists?
- Cold formed steel doesn’t shrink and warp like wood, so walls tend to be straighter.
- The building code offers some advantages for using “Non-Combustible” construction (which includes steel studs and joists) rather than the “Combustible” construction of wood.
- Depending on commodity pricing, sometimes steel stud walls cost less than wood stud walls…but other times they don’t.
What Should I Know about Steel Girts and Purlins?
What Public Domain Documents are Available for Further Study?
Tricks of the Trade & Rules of Thumb for Cold Formed Steel Framing:
- Learn the names of the basic cold formed members.
- Clearly understand the cold formed steel framing connections on the project.
- Determine if any members need to be insulated prior to erection (some details can’t be insulated after they are built).
Learn more about how cold-formed steel can be applied in your upcoming projects, by contacting our team today.